Rates & Insurance
- $150 per session
- $225 for intake/diagnostic assessment
- I also offer sliding fees and am an Open Path provider
Shaffer Professional Services accepts the following insurance plans:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of MN
- Health Partners
- Hennepin Health
- Mayo Medical Health
- Medica Health Plans
- Medicaid of Minnesota (MHCP)
- TriCare West
- United HealthCare
There are some insurance companies that we can credential with if you do not see yours listed. We want to work with you to make this as easy and simple as can be! (Please check with your insurance company prior to scheduling an appointment. The questions to ask are listed below).
In addition to many insurance plans, we also are approved by several Employee Assistance Programs. Check with your employer to find out if they have Shaffer Professional Services as a provider. If we’re not associated with them, we’ll apply!
Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part. Please contact your provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services.
I’d recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
I accept cash, check and all major credit cards as forms of payment. I also accept payment directly on my site via this page.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!